The Portuguese-Jewish community of Amsterdam (Kahal Kadosh Talmud Torah), established in 1639, is governed by the Board of Parnassim, also called the Ma’amad. Board members are elected by the members of the community.
Board of the Parnassim
- Michael Minco, parnas-presidente
- Gideon Tahan, gabbai
- Sara-Joan Pinto-Sietsma, member of the board
- Gideon Senior Coronel, member of the board
- David Samama, member of the board
Officers on the Board of Parnassim are not remunerated.
Bar Vingerling is the office manager of the Community.
In keeping with its articles of association, the Community aims to promote the observance of Orthodox Judaism according to Portuguese-Jewish rituals and to safeguard its continuity. As stipulated in the regulations of the Portuguese-Jewish Congregation in the Netherlands, the duties and areas of authority of the Portuguese-Jewish Congregation in the Netherlands are to be performed.
To this end, the Community does inter alia the following:
– organizes, preserves and facilitates prayer, teaching and other services according to Amsterdam Portuguese-Jewish customs
– raises funds to curtail the costs of realizing the objective
– performs all kinds of other activities directly or peripherally related to the objective of the Community, all in the broadest sense
– cooperating with other Orthodox-Jewish congregations and/or Communities pertaining to them
– cooperating with other Jewish and non-Jewish organizations and institutions.
Public Benefit Organization
The Portuguese-Jewish Community qualifies as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organization). Donations are therefore deductible from income taxes in The Netherlands.
Registration number at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce: 50549790
RSIN number: 002563599
IBAN [EURO-ACCOUNT]: NL14 INGB 0697 3227 77
IBAN [US DOLLAR-ACCOUNT]: NL23 INGB 0020 0692 94
BIC [SWIFT]: INGBNL2A
Mr. Visserplein 3
1011 RD Amsterdam
ING Bank N.V.
PO Box 1800
1000 BV Amsterdam