The Portuguese-Jewish community is governed by the Board of Parnassim, also called the Ma’amad. Board members are selected by the members of the community.
Officers on the Board of Parnassim are not remunerated.
The membership of the board is as follows:
Michael Minco – chairman
Gideon Tahan – gabbai (treasurer)
David Nunes Nabarro – liturgical parnas
Sara-Joan Pinto – member
Gideon Senior Coronel – member
– The office is managed by Bar Vingerling. The office can be reached Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 to 14:00.
The Portuguese-Jewish Community qualifies as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organization). Donations are therefore deductible from income taxes.
Registration number at the Chamber of Commerce: 50549790
IBAN: NL14 INGB 0697 3227 77
BIC [SWIFT]: INGBNL2A
In keeping with its articles of association, the Community aims to promote the observance of Orthodox Judaism according to Portuguese-Jewish rituals and to safeguard its continuity. As stipulated in the regulations of the Portuguese-Jewish Congregation in the Netherlands (P.I.K.), the duties and areas of authority of the P.I.K. are to be performed.
To this end, the Community does inter alia the following:
– organizes, preserves and facilitates prayer, teaching and other services according to Amsterdam Portuguese-Jewish customs
– raises funds to curtail the costs of realizing the objective
– performs all kinds of other activities directly or peripherally related to the objective of the Community, all in the broadest sense
– cooperating with other Orthodox-Jewish congregations and/or Communities pertaining to them
– cooperating with other Jewish and non-Jewish organizations and institutions.